Terms & Conditions
By using this site you acknowledge that Global Blood Therapeutics, Inc. ("Global Blood Therapeutics") is providing the information and materials available on this website for informational and educational purposes only, and that neither Global Blood Therapeutics nor its agents are providing the information to you for the purposes of giving you medical advice. You should not rely on the information and materials available on this website in deciding on a treatment plan, drug usage, or any other medical decision, and Global Blood Therapeutics and its agents urge you to consult with a physician.
By using this website, you accept the information and materials available on this website (including anything related to product candidates or services) "as is". Global Blood Therapeutics makes no express or implied warranties regarding the accuracy, content, completeness, reliability, operability, or legality of information and materials available on this website, including, without limitation, warranties of merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose or non-infringement of proprietary rights.
In no event shall Global Blood Therapeutics or its agents be liable for any direct, special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from the use of our website or the information and materials available on this website.
Please note that our website is directed only at users who reside in the United States of America and who are age 18 or older. It is not our intent to gather personally identifiable information from any individuals residing outside the U.S. Your access to and use of the website constitutes acceptance of this policy and consent to Global Blood Therapeutics collection and use of information you elect to provide to us by registering with our website.
We collect information from you if and when you register on our website, and in other circumstances described below.
When registering on our website, you will be asked to enter your name, mailing address e-mail, and phone number. You may, however, visit our site anonymously by not registering with our website.
- How Global Blood Therapeutics might share or disclose your information?
- How Global Blood Therapeutics may possibly use your information?
- Are there links to third party websites?
- What measures does Global Blood Therapeutics follow to secure data?
- What do I need to do to correct or update personally identifiable information?
- How can I contact Global Blood Therapeutics?
We may also release your personally identifiable information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
We may transfer your personally identifiable information to a successor entity upon a merger, consolidation or other corporate reorganization in which Global Blood Therapeutics participates or to a purchaser of all or a portion of Global Blood Therapeutics’ assets.
You can generally visit our website without revealing any personally identifiable information about yourself. However, to access certain services we may ask you to provide certain personally identifiable information. We (along with our third party agents engaged to provide services on our behalf) collect personally identifiable information about you only if you voluntarily provide it to us and you have the option not to provide any personally identifiable information to us. The following is personally identifiable information that you may voluntarily provide to us and how we may use it:
- Registration: information obtained from you on registration forms used to process your requests for services and information, such as contact information (enter your name, mailing address e-mail, and phone number), password, username or code, age, year of birth, gender, type of customer and medical condition. We may use this information to send you: a welcome e-mail to verify your username and password, website updates, special offers, notices regarding relevant medical conditions, clinical trials and treatment, or other information responsive to the data that you provide to us. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Surveys: information obtained from you on web surveys, such as contact information (name, mailing address e-mail, and phone number), demographic information and medical condition. We may use this personally identifiable information to provide you with information and services for which you have expressed an interest or that you may find useful based on your answers in a survey. Additionally, we may refer to your personally identifiable information to better understand your needs and how we can improve our website.
- Newsletters: information obtained from you from your request to subscribe to a newsletter, such as contact information (name, mailing address and e-mail). We may use this personally identifiable information to deliver the newsletters that you have elected to receive.
- E-mail Content to a Friend: information obtained from you regarding friend or family name and e-mail address, if you elect to use our referral service for sending some of our website content to friends and family. We may use this personally identifiable information to automatically send the friend or family member a one-time e-mail inviting them to visit the website. We may store this information for the sole purpose of sending this one-time e-mail.
We may combine the personally identifiable information your share with us through this website with other information you have shared with us, both online and offline. We may also combine this personally identifiable information with records provided by third parties. We use this consolidated information to help us better design Global Blood Therapeutics products, to communicate information to you, to enhance our research and development activities, and to facilitate other business functions.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site’s or service provider’s systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
If you prefer, you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies via your browser settings. Like most websites, if you turn your cookies off, some of our services may not function properly.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party services on our website. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Global Blood Therapeutics and its third party agents may employ procedural and technological security measures, consistent with industry practice. Such measures are reasonably designed to protect your personally identifiable information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Global Blood Therapeutics may use encryption, password protection, internal restrictions and other security measures to help prevent unauthorized access to your personally identifiable information. However, you provide your information to us at your own risk. We cannot guarantee that your data will not be lost, accessed without authorization, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
Global blood Therapeutics complies with the requirements of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. We do not collect any information from anyone under 13 years of age. Our website, products, and services are all directed to people who are at least 13 years old or older.
Moreover, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 without the consent of a parent or guardian, and you must be 18 years of age or older to register or submit survey information to our website. Should you believe that a minor of whom you are a parent or guardian has registered, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make reasonable efforts to remove all personally identifiable information related to the minor.
This policy was last modified on April 10, 2017.
Global Blood Therapeutics is committed to respecting your right to access and correct your personal information. You can email us at email@example.com and we will be happy to assist you with your request. You may also "opt-out" of receiving e-mails and other communications from us at any time, by using the unsubscribe feature included in our e-mails.
Global Blood Therapeutics
Attn: Privacy Officer
171 Oyster Point Boulevard, Suite 300
South San Francisco, CA 94080
You may also contact us via email at: