GBT’s Social Media Community Guidelines
Thanks for your interest in GBT, we love connecting with you! We use social media as part of our commitment to support and educate patients, caregivers, healthcare professionals, advocacy organizations, job seekers and other stakeholders. Our goal is to be accurate and authentic and to share information that’s important to you.
We look forward to engaging with you and appreciate your feedback.
Please be aware that when you publically comment to GBT on social media, you give us the right to use your ideas, your name/handle or posts in any way including the media, so do not post anything private or confidential. We love connecting with you and monitor our channels Monday through Friday from 9 am to 5 pm PST, so if you ask a question outside of these hours please understand that a reply may be delayed.
Understand that we work in a highly regulated environment, so please follow these community guidelines:
- Tweets from @GBT_news are intended for US audiences only and those 18 years or older.
- We may share links to third-party sites; however, GBT does not endorse and is not responsible for content from those websites. Please note that following or retweeting by GBT does not imply endorsement.
- The content posted by GBT is for informational and educational purposes only and is NOT intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Your doctor is the best resource for medical advice and information. Please note that we cannot engage in discussions regarding specific products and treatments.
- Please do not use these channels to report adverse events or medical side effects. If your comment does include possible side effects associated with an GBT product, we may be required to contact you for further information. You are encouraged to report side effects of prescription drugs to your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional immediately. You can also report these to the U.S. FDA. Visit http://fda.gov/medwatch, or call 1-800-FDA-1088. You may also report side effects to GBT at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We welcome your comments, but GBT is not responsible for user generated content.
- Mentions, comments, likes, favorites and retweets are encouraged. Please note that due to federal regulations, discussions need to remain on topic and we may not be able to respond to all comments (mentions, replies or direct mentions). Additionally, we cannot address comments that contain any of the following, and users who violate these terms may be blocked:
- Content that:
- Is profane
- Is defamatory or libelous
- Is offensive or abusive
- Is discriminatory, demeaning or disparaging
- Is threatening
- Is misleading, fraudulent or deceptive
- Condones violence or illegal behavior
- Mentions specific products or treatment options
- Is disruptive to the community
- Is spam
- Contains proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information about, or related to, GBT or any other person or company
- Content that:
While we encourage everyone to participate in active discussion and share content, where appropriate, we cannot be responsible for views expressed other than our own.
We reserve the right to delete any of our social media platforms and its contents at any time. While these community guidelines cover the most common situations, we cannot anticipate everything. We may take actions not outlined in these guidelines, as deemed necessary and appropriate.